Locations: Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Charlotte, NC, Cleveland OH, Hartford, CT, Detroit, MI, Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Lexington, KY, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Newark, NJ, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA, Richmond, VA, San Diego, CA, Stafford, CT, Virginia Beach, VA, Washington D.C., Wilmington, DE
This is a part-time hourly job, NO NIGHT WORK, or WEEKENDS. NDT has 8 contracts with national telecom firms and we need experienced professionals to support this sub-contract. NDT primarily does voice and data moves, adds and repairs for commercial businesses only. This position is a time & materials job, and you’ll have 1-hour advance notice via email to review and accept all work. All work is normally 1 to 1.5 hours from your home to the assignment and is in your state and surrounding counties. Jobs are typically in commercial businesses located in malls performing Demarc extensions. NDT supplies all materials in advance.
- A current or past BICSI certification is preferred
- Hands-on experience with pulling cable
- Knowledge of installation methods such as installing cable in a conduit using a fish tape and pull string
- Ability to mount and install backboards, cross-connect racks, and patch panels
- Ability to route cables through cubicles, fish lines through walls, across ceilings
- You must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner to perform visual inspections, problem identification, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of cabling for security systems, telecom, CCTV, or data networks
- Must know how to terminate 66 and 110 blocks NEATLY
- Must be able to terminate voice/data jacks in walls or patch panels
- Must understand or have knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA and the National Electrical Code the telecom color code and have experience terminating jacks and patch panels
- Must be in good physical condition and able to lift 50 lbs
- Experience installing conduit sleeves and use of first stop putty and installing J-Hooks
- Must have: UTP 4 pair cable tester, toner, butt set, hammer drill, extension ladder, fish tape, gofer pole (or glow rods)
- Experience with commercial phone rooms and telecom equipment rooms
- Working knowledge of Smart jacks
- MUST BE NEAT, AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS A MUST
NDT buys all materials in advance. All work must be 100% complete when leaving any assignment. There is no set time to complete any job and each job will be unique. Must have your own transportation and telecom tools. Payment for each job includes materials, gas, and tolls. Payments are made 14 days from completion (Net 14). Pay is twice a month by direct deposit.
Review the listing as posted on Indeed.com. Free free to contact us directly by emailing us with the below details in mind.
When you apply, please address the following questions:
- Do you have a working knowledge of cabling – terminations, cross-connects and so on?
- Do you own all telecom tools needed to complete jobs?
- Fiber experience.
- Hands on commercial phone closet experience.
- Hands on Demarc extensions experiences.